hello all! i'm in Den Haag, in the Netherlands, visiting Eva, who was an exchange student at Muhlenberg and also my gym buddy for all of last semester! She's so nice to put me up for the week, and her boyfriend and all of her friends are also very nice. Her boyfriend speaks French, so I can keep practicing, and with Eva too a little bit. her boyfriend, Tony, is "fou" (crazy) as the French say, but he's very funny. other than that, most people speak at least some english, but a lot of the time thyey speak Dutch when they're just hanging out, so it's very weird for me, since i speak about 3 words of Dutch, which I learned last night, haha. I'm hoping to pick some more up by the end of the week. It sounds a little bit like German, but not as harsh-sounding (sorry for all you German-language fans), and the "gutteral" noises sound a bit more like Arabic to me.
Classes are still going well; not much to report. Classes and the schedule here are pretty regular, pretty standard, but there's not a TON out of outside work, so I feel like I have much more free time than at Muhlenberg. Which is good in some ways: i'm sure I will love it when the weather is better, but for now, it's been more of me hanging out inside since it's been so chilly, looking at what everyone else has been up to during their semester's abroad, and missing home a little bit (missing dave a lot).
I'll update again tomorrow. Eva and Tony are back from their V-day dinner now, and I've got a skype date with Dave soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment